Vol·un·teer: [vol·uhn∙teer] –n.
One of life’s most valuable natural resources.
More than $200,000 in volunteer time has been donated to the Franklin Land Trust over the past 15 years. Without volunteers, the Franklin Land
Trust would not have been able to grow as an organization leading to the protection of more than 30,000 acres of our beautiful working landscapes.
Just last year, about 160 individuals and businesses either volunteered time or donated in-kind services to the land trust.
We have many exciting opportunities available for volunteers to work on the land with us. Some of our volunteer opportunities include:
- Mailing “parties”
usually weekday mornings - scheduled as needed
- Wildlife habitat management activities
clearing stone walls and trail maintenance at our 107-acre Guyette Farm in Plainfield. Ongoing.
- Field days, working bees and land projects
- Annual Member’s Potluck Picnic (summer, annual)
- D2R2 – Deerfield Dirt Road Randonnée
Volunteer benefits include an annual basic membership with FLT:
- Free/discount admittance to FLT workshops,
- Free admission to events for which you volunteer,
- FLT newsletter,
- Advance notice and invitation to special events including our annual member’s picnic.
Get satisfaction from knowing your time is a significant contribution to land conservation, have fun helping out, attend events free and get a
free FLT membership for volunteering!
If you’re ready to help, please complete the form below or contact Linda Alvord at 625-9151 or via email.
Thank you for your interest in donating your valuable time to the Franklin Land Trust.